Quinn & Rose here in Pittsburgh were talking about having a John Gault Day (the hero of Atlas Shrugged), whereby everyone with talent and skill takes an unpaid day off in order to deny the government income.  This amounts to a grass-roots strike by ordinary Americans who are saying "I'm mad as hell and am not going to take it anymore."  I think it is a great way of starving the beast and sending a message to Washington. 

What do you think?

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for bringing this topic....Someone gave me some stats a while ago-that unfortunately pretty much stated that the Gov is covered for such things-is that true? I was wondering- how else though? Can we get to them through the schools? I bet Moms would be willing to keep kids home- but how does that hurt the Gov? I was trying to think of some service we all use that we could cancel even for awhile? or I don't know my brain never shuts up just one idea after another but none really hitting the mark!!! There has to be an area where we can get to them!!???

Toodles...
Anyone wanting to listen to Q & R, they are on 5-8 AM Central, either XM 158, or www.wpbg.com

Here is another great blast from the past! Good idea!!!

somewhere close to along this line of thought --

I've always thought the income taxes this idea addresses should have a different norm (well, actually there shouldn't be any federal income taxes - what a huge mistake and/or nefarious blow the 16th was/is). The current norm of the employers being the tax collector and everybody considering the over-payments an interest free savings account then ending up jumping through all kinds of hoops and begging for a tax return (savings withdrawal) is assbackwards imo. 

1st though- everybody should have to write a check to pay their taxes, ...feel the pain of giving money you've had in your hands to government .

then, we should not be giving interest free loans from our paychecks to government - it's just void of common sense and sound financial practices to be doing so. And we certainly shouldn't be so blind willingly putting ourselves in a position to beg for our money back from the IRS and hoping IRS eventually sees fit to send it to us, they should be the ones doing the begging for our tax payments... and hoping it eventually arrives. Also, it takes no grand organization of masses of people - it's done individually.

I think that's kinda Galt-ish, should send a lasting message, and is certainly exercising a little common sense vs. what the norm is now.

RSS

Latest Activity

Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I;m a "metoo" on this subject."
10 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"The Hill confirmed what most of us believed was going on during the Obama, and possibly before,…"
10 hours ago
LANYON replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Clean, modern is a snappy look for present newsworthy articles.....  and, yes, white…"
14 hours ago
LANYON posted discussions
14 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud posted videos
19 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud commented on Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
Thumbnail

:WAR-CASTLES-~0.

"Please sit back and enjoy putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together. Here's a tip to…"
19 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud promoted Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
19 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud promoted Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
19 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I like the second one. Suzie wondering if you would think about going to a white background for all…"
23 hours ago
E. Goldstein replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Kavanaugh Timeline (TEST)
"You are wasting your time.  Facts are irrelevant. The woman is clearly lying.  She is…"
yesterday
Larry Puckette's discussion was featured

My random topics thread ...

... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.Hope some…See More
yesterday
luis✩USA commented on R.C. "Bob" Lewis's blog post Rage in Jacksonville
"If the rabid radicals...Code Pink; SDS; Antifa, etc...don't maintain this constant state of…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Amendments 6, 8, and 9 guarantee a person's innocence till PROVEN guilty in a court of…"
yesterday
LANYON posted discussions
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Kavanaugh Timeline (TEST)
"I'm remembering 2009 - 2010... The People called, faxed, emailed and even assembled in front…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Just a reminder to all: W/ all this hell going on, I haven't forgotten that the new…"
yesterday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service