... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.

Hope some are an interesting read to ya'll, and discussion is of course welcome;

I'll start with this one, which I think is probably best posted with the title, link and small excerpt (<-- hoping that's the appropriate way to post articles on other forums);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What On Earth Can the Left and Right Compromise?”

http://wethepeopleusa.ning.com/forum/topics/what-on-earth-can-the-l...

excerpt;

Once Conservatives started "compromising" their principles of individual freedom and less government in favor of the Progressive's collective ideology, the end of America's free Republic became preordained

-------------------------------------------------------------

...personally, I woulda began the progressive era catastrophe before the 16th amendment, which the article begins it at. I'd go back at least to the 14th amendment. But that wasn't a compromise by the R party (which somehow is assumed to have a quantum entanglement with 'conservative') and doesn't fit the article's primary point of how compromise has proven destructive, it was the party's primary mission at the time.

Views: 445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and along the same line of thought, about media repeating twisted logic until it becomes believed as fact..

'Alex Jones is only the beginning of censoring conservatives' ??  oh puhlease, that piece of neurotic guano is toxic to any label. 'Conservatives', whoever that is, best find a way to disavow him as one of their own while defending the principle of rejecting censorship (along with the whole concept of hate speech and politically correct). I wouldn't bet on it though, whoever 'conservative' is has obviously rejected standing on principle long ago.

..still partially on the line of thought that media keeps pushing agenda based topics, = quantum this and quantum that, a barrage of everything quantum;

I find this one kinda interesting

A team of scientists at Yale University has experimentally demonstrated one of the key steps in building the architecture for ...
Sci-News · 1h

Construction of a modular architecture and teleported gate: (a) network overview of the modular quantum architecture; modules are represented as nodes of a quantum network and are composed of data qubit(s) (magenta) and communication qubit(s) (cyan); coupling between modules is generated through reconfigurable communication channels that may be enabled (dark purple lines) or disabled (light purple lines); (b) quantum modules; each module houses a small quantum processor that is capable of high-fidelity operations among data qubits and communication qubits; in the experiment, Chou et al create two modules, each consisting of one data qubit (D1 and D2) and one communication qubit (C1 and C2); (c) teleported circuit between D1 and D2; the teleported circuit requires: (1) entanglement between C1 and C2 (purple meander), (2) local operations, (3) measurement of C1 in the Z basis and C2 in the X basis, where X and Z are Pauli operators, and (4) classical communication (double lines) and feedforward operations; (d) experimental realization (schematic top view) in a 3D circuit-quantum-electrodynamics implementation; each module consists of a data qubit defined as a coaxial quarter-wavelength (λ/4) 3D cavity (magenta), a communication qubit defined as a Y-shaped transmon qubit (cyan) and a Purcell-filtered, quasi-planar, λ/2 stripline readout resonator (black); in this experiment, the two modules are linked by an additional mode realized as a coaxial λ/4 3D cavity (purple) that serves as a bus mode. Image credit: Chou et al, doi: 10.1038/s41586-018-0470-y.

given that a year or so ago the Chinese accomplished quantum entanglement between it's earthbound lab and space, if that's true, this is a big step in taking communications between computers another leap forward towards faster and vastly more secure wireless communications.

"Quantum Gate"huh.  Hmmmm... Maybe they can get a group from the media / press to report the event  . . .from the inside, of course . . .once the structure is built.

And if it fails, well, nothing's lost.  ;)

I think you know it's not about a Stargate device... but agree nonetheless.

it just can't happen though when a false and completely inaccurate (silly) narrative like the quantum chicken+egg article is so much more interesting and marketable in their eyes. This morning is the 1st time it hasn't been in the search engine's top news page in a week at various news sites, this one won't last a full day;

Quantum computing is almost ready for business, startup says

https://www.fastcompany.com/90232670/quantum-computing-is-almost-re...

excerpts;

The particular operations that the quantum end of the system can do, while still limited and error-prone, are nearly good enough to boost the performance of traditional computers beyond what they could do on their own–a coming milestone called quantum advantage. “My guess is this could happen anytime from six to 36 months out,” says Rigetti.

----------------

A prime example of such problems, and a solid contender for demonstrating quantum advantage: designing new chemicals, such as drugs, by simulating all possible positions of all the elections in all the atoms of a theoretical new molecule. Several of the initial participants that Rigetti announced today are working in such simulated chemistry: Heisenberg, ProteinQure, and Qulab. (Another participant, Entropica Labs, is using quantum computing for genomics analysis.)

Finance provides other optimization problems. For instance: picking the best combination of stocks for an investment portfolio, considering everything that could likely happen to each stock, and all the combinations of everything in, say, a basket of 100. That could solve, or make, a lot of money. Another participant, QxBranch, is developing analytics for a number of fields, including finance. (Quantum-tech giant IBM is working with firms including Barclays and JP Morgan Chase.)

... it's worth a read in whole if some plain language basics of quantum computing interests you

ah, given past observations of media manipulating for upcoming legislation purposes it seems likely maybe this is why there was a barrage of quantum everything articles??

House Passes Bill to Advance Quantum Science in the U.S.

excerpt;

The House of Representatives passed the National Quantum Initiative Act yesterday. When signed into law, the bill will outline a 10-year plan to push forward applications using the counterintuitive science of subatomic particles.

https://gizmodo.com/house-passes-bill-to-advance-quantum-science-in...

...thinking I probably shoulda guessed that  :~}

Larry,

I think the study of "subatomic particle" technology is also known as nano-technology. As I read down the article, I read this:

"We often cover quantum computers, which incorporate this mathematics into processors that may one day perform algorithms regular computers struggle with, like factoring enormous numbers, simulating molecules, and maybe even advanced AI. But the bill covers other technologies as well, and has potential impacts in communications and cybersecurity, sensor and imaging technology, materials science,"

Hmmm..."AI" covers robotics. We are already seeing that starting to replace people from the workforce.

W/ the applications engineered from "quantum/ nano science" a persons's entire history...including their dna and medical info; their financial records - everything -  can be uploaded into a chip no bigger than the period at the end of this sentence. Including a gps tracker.  "Big Bother" is watching. And the technology would be able to be applied to billions of the population.  Cash, credit cards, healthcare cards and driver's licenses/ IDs or even passports would be a thing of the past. 

We're heading there, buddy.,

The question now is "When?". From what I've read, the cancer that is political correctness continues exanding. America's employers are miving away from the entirely "racist" and "anti woman" hiring policies based on MERIT [1]. You know, actual  SKILLS and the EDUCATION / TRAINING that backs it!  

Nope. Merit-based hiring now means limiting the number of "immigrants" that is allowed to enter the US.  "No skills. No education. No shoes. No shirts . . .No Problem!".

This is the future for America?! Where incompetence and negligence is the norm?  I'd think twine before having surgery or even crossing a bridge or living in a highrise in "that" America! 

[1] https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/02/12/right-now-me...

Luis

This is the future for America?! Where incompetence and negligence is the norm?

Future? somewhere here I went into a rant not too long ago about that being reality now. If I recall right it included stuff like = ya can't do anything once, whatever process your involved in won't get completed accurately or at all. You have to do everything multiple times and force the process to get completed, eventually, hopefully.  ...on just about everything you try to do today. I think my examples at the time were maybe = the bank just couldn't seem to get the filing of a POA completed accurately without my becoming an a-hole about it - it took weeks instead of a day, the grocery store is always out of chicken vegetable soup due to stupid ordering processes being dictated by headquarters, ordering only 12 cans at a time and only placing the next order when the last of 12 cans sells - so you have to find chicken vegetable soup elsewhere or later--do it again, yet again. etc....

do yourself a favor and never notice how many times a day already that you're having to put effort into overcoming incompetence and neglect to get what you're trying to do done. :~}

Larry, your "rant" is an absolutely valid one.  Why has mankind always chosen to repeat the worst and the most self destructive ideas throughout its history?  What is it about morals and values that frighten "us" to the point of deadly hatred?

I don't even know that if the Rs do make gains that it will be "good".  Yet I do know for sure that events can get even worse.  How long can we hold back the coming "tsunami" that is still building up as we speak?  

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

WOW!!!

Major breaking news!

It appears that a pair of Dorothy's ruby red shoes have been found after being stolen over 13 yrs ago.

Okay. 1st, didn't know they were even missing. 2nd, don't care. 3rd, maybe Pope Francis would love to wear them. Ya know..."Di-ver-si-ty".

news to me too, just now. hadn't seen it.   Dorothy and Toto must've been in a tither all these years. 

;' / maybe he'd like a matching boa scarf too??    Image result for ruby feather boa scarf

did catch a few headlines about the scotus nominee hearings..  sounds like the coyote ugly girl and some senators did quite the professional brat stomp to me.

RSS

Latest Activity

LANYON posted a discussion

The Flynn Investigation: McCabe's Personal Retaliation?

The Flynn Investigation: McCabe's Personal Retaliation?The FBI launched a criminal probe against…See More
4 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Luis, You are correct.  They protect themselves and each other.  I supposed the bigger…"
9 hours ago
luis✩USA replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"FYI I'm sure you guys've heard that a TX federal district  judge said that the ACA…"
11 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Yep we could ask and suspect many like myself have pondered what you have said Luis and much…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
""Why are so many of them walking around and not in jail? " Well, we could also ask why…"
yesterday
"Guys, My memory is faulty to say the lest, but it seems to be I distinctly heard Judge Napolatano…"
yesterday
"Larry, I missed the hearing. Hope I can catch another time. I think it is a good thing with…"
Thursday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I am amazed at the things I can accomplish in support of actions that I can do from my  little…"
Thursday
Larry Puckette replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"just watched the final hour (approximately) of the congressional Clinton Foundation hearingshow. It…"
Thursday
John Velisek posted an Editorial

The Banana Republic of Kalifornia

How many people in the country of voting age can remember when Donald Trump won the presidency.…See More
Thursday
"Luis, Agree with the rubs you have. Darn discouraging.  Lot's of folk here on TCC over…"
Thursday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Hi Norma Let me explain why my group had dispersed.  The GOPers in Congress were/ARE…"
Thursday
Larry Puckette replied to LANYON's discussion Liberals' strategy to wreck the USA: Attack faith, common sense
"while i agree that political correctness is the antithesis and a now proven successful attack on…"
Thursday
"Pat and Luis,  Thanks for the replies.  Yep, we three and others a re following through.…"
Thursday
LANYON posted a discussion

Liberals' strategy to wreck the USA: Attack faith, common sense

Liberals' deadly strategy to wreck the USA: Attack faith and common senseThe Civil War is a good…See More
Thursday
"No the theater for power along with fueled hatred from the dems and some of our GOPee ons it's…"
Thursday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service