... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.

Hope some are an interesting read to ya'll, and discussion is of course welcome;

I'll start with this one, which I think is probably best posted with the title, link and small excerpt (<-- hoping that's the appropriate way to post articles on other forums);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What On Earth Can the Left and Right Compromise?”

http://wethepeopleusa.ning.com/forum/topics/what-on-earth-can-the-l...

excerpt;

Once Conservatives started "compromising" their principles of individual freedom and less government in favor of the Progressive's collective ideology, the end of America's free Republic became preordained

-------------------------------------------------------------

...personally, I woulda began the progressive era catastrophe before the 16th amendment, which the article begins it at. I'd go back at least to the 14th amendment. But that wasn't a compromise by the R party (which somehow is assumed to have a quantum entanglement with 'conservative') and doesn't fit the article's primary point of how compromise has proven destructive, it was the party's primary mission at the time.

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, Larry.  The cartoon is right on target.  Some may recall I talked about the mob in DC a few years back.

2+ weeks, 10 going on 11 efforts - 1st requesting then nagging the Dr.s office and pharmacy and trips to pharmacy, ongoing attention to getting it done throughout, etc.., to get mother's 3 prescriptions refilled.... and it's still not done!!!  ...such a simple task, should at most take an afternoon calling it in and going to get it.

ARRRGGgggghhh   what a dysfunctional culture we've become when most everybody accepts this b.s. as tolerable

I hear ya Larry. Nothing works like it used to... Stupid people have replaced knowledgeable and we'll trained workers at all levels... Life becomes more frustrating daily...

it does Susan, and i don't like it - some days A LOT less than others ;' /

Romans 12:19 19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the LORD.

a couple days ago something i read brought that scripture to mind. Can't remember exactly what it was but it stuck in mulling it over mode. In the context of a virtuous culture practicing biblical concepts and principles enables individual liberty and freedom through the lack of desire for big government.  ...in this case-in-point the lack of desire for earthly vengeance, that has created a large portion of today's punitive laws, that are a large portion of the officially declared by LOC uncountable(might as well be infinite)  fed/gov laws.  <-- the consequences of a cultural desire for earthly vengeance.

....sure do wish that was still being taught in churches and households

WOW! Larry I needed to hear this!!!

I have to stop sticking my neck out, trying to help my community... Upon my hubby's suggestion, I removed all I was going to say here, but suffice it to say I am living in the Twilight Zone...and   Well, I am now shall we say persona non grata and there is a rumor that something could happen to my house... Others, many others, are unhappy about this- but no one wants to get involved - so they come to me...and I just can't do this anymore... but it eats at me that someone must do something...

Suzie

sorry about your neighborhood trials, hopefully it gets better asap.

continuing on the point we seem in agreement about -

although my post was about the macro effects, yours seems to be more about the micro/personal positive effect of releasing the urge to avenge, which i think is fostering some inner peace. that's pretty important i'd say.

both macro and micro pretty well boil down to who/what you have faith/trust in, which brings the seemingly forgotten meaning of a taken for granted motto that applies to both the macro and micro to mind;

IN GOD WE TRUST

Larry,

Yes, the same point. 

Revenge and justice aren't the same thing. ... The only good thing revenge can achieve is that it can make you, the person getting revenge feel better. It won't do any good in terms of rehabilitating an offender or making society safer. It often won't the victim any good.

The trickle-down effect... We see our Governments behavior, unfortunately, no one is trusting anyone and most aren't trusting God. And I think revenge and justice are very mixed up in their minds...

so, i got curious and did a search on the commonly perceived difference between justice and revenge/vengeance;

https://www.bing.com/search?q=the+difference+between+justice+and+ve...

looks to me like the predominant perceived difference is whether a system/government or an individual administers it. 'taking law into one's own hands' seems to determine revenge/vengeance vs. justice. i think my macro point still stands, when not using extremes to discredit it. An overly abundant cultural desire for systemic vengeance/justice naturally creates big government.

5G technology is expected to dramatically change how fast things move over the internet. About 100 times faster than 4G, it will allow movies to download in a second or two instead of minutes, homes will run on smart appliances, and vehicles could be driverless.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/12/04/america-china-battle-5g/

Technology is cool, eh? Sounds all warm and fuzzy, even exciting. Technology is advancing so fast the world must embrace it with no concern of the consequences(? or .)

BUT Image result for huge red flag

smart appliances, although they sound cool and are being embraced are intrusive to privacy, hackable, and technically controllable by outside your home authorities. Is there anything about today's big government and/or sinister villains everywhere atmosphere that gives reason to doubt that technology will be used against you?? A= no

and then there's this;

Wireless technology by natural default is the most insecure medium of data transference possible. When data is sent through the air it's open for ANYBODY to receive, hack, destroy, change, or control in any sinister way they choose- including what that news article is fearmongering about, just taking down the whole network and causing chaos in everything reliant on it.

So, yeah, lets all just accept the coolness of it all unconditionally and keep keeping up with the Jones' impressive toys, no matter the falsely discounted risks..  afterall, IT'S REALLY COOL STUFF!!

If I may...

GHW Bush was not a bad man morally speaking. But though his ideas of globalism may've been well intended -- the same can not be said that the world-politics.  It just shows that good intentions do not always mean good results.

Bush41 was a genuine war hero.  His foundations weren't just mere personal piggy banks as so many are in politics.  His weakness, imo, was in believeing that a global governance could and would solve all the world's problems. Sadly, he, as well as many others, that a corrupt and self-serving system would change its evil ways.

As for his Presidency the one thing he got right was his strategies during the Persian Gulf War. The mighty US military stopped Saddam Hussein's elite in just a matter of days. And here's where brilliance won over ego - we simply left Kuwait and allowed Hussein to remain in power...but with limitations. To be able to keep the Iranian clerics at bay. If only 43 had followed his father's footsteps.

One more thing. You gotta admire a guy who'd go for a skydive -- at the age of 85!

Rest In Peace.

Luis 

RSS

Latest Activity

Patricia Gillenwater replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Larry, I will comment of your question? During the primary I was a volunteer for Kelli Ward the R…"
8 hours ago
LANYON posted discussions
10 hours ago
Larry Puckette replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"my 2¢ = now that I'm overseeing Mom's healthcare I've seen the…"
10 hours ago
John Velisek posted an Editorial

Sheriff Clarke is Right

“Your liberties rest not upon things written upon paper, they depend upon yourselves, and upon…See More
11 hours ago
"Medicare I view as a smoke and mirror act. It most likely would not have been concocted except for…"
12 hours ago
Larry Puckette posted a discussion

Why the politicians talk about leveraging The FED

Taking notice that today Rand Paul talks about influencing 'the FED'eral reserve, and that Trump…See More
12 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Luis, I disagree on one point:  Social Security.  I started paying into it when I went to…"
12 hours ago
"SS was enacted into law way back in 1935. Changes have occurred since. Hooked on SS now. Its a tax.…"
12 hours ago
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"The following comment was nade on another site regarding the events occuring in France: "Now…"
23 hours ago
"following up on the Clinton Foundation hearingshow, I watched a clip of a part I missed the 1st…"
yesterday
"Suzie I'm so old fogey that I still can't understand how our society embraced the concept…"
yesterday
LANYON posted discussions
yesterday
Larry Puckette replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
";' / yeah, they really take pride in their word generating/twisting abilities. I don't…"
yesterday
Sophie Erich is now a member of The Constitutional Conservatives
yesterday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I would say you have said it quite well. I had an LOL moment when the lemmings on CNN dubbed the…"
Monday
R.C. "Bob" Lewis added a discussion to the group Prayer Circle
Thumbnail

The KING is coming

AdventIsaiah 52:7 (NASB95) 7 How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news,…See More
Monday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service