... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.

Hope some are an interesting read to ya'll, and discussion is of course welcome;

I'll start with this one, which I think is probably best posted with the title, link and small excerpt (<-- hoping that's the appropriate way to post articles on other forums);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What On Earth Can the Left and Right Compromise?”

http://wethepeopleusa.ning.com/forum/topics/what-on-earth-can-the-l...

excerpt;

Once Conservatives started "compromising" their principles of individual freedom and less government in favor of the Progressive's collective ideology, the end of America's free Republic became preordained

-------------------------------------------------------------

...personally, I woulda began the progressive era catastrophe before the 16th amendment, which the article begins it at. I'd go back at least to the 14th amendment. But that wasn't a compromise by the R party (which somehow is assumed to have a quantum entanglement with 'conservative') and doesn't fit the article's primary point of how compromise has proven destructive, it was the party's primary mission at the time.

Views: 724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luis, Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I get negative feedback, even when I say "go to the last page of the discussion", folks like a quick link.  Think about it from a new person point of view because they have to dig through all the pages to find the post

I watch the stats on pages- these pages only get attention from old members who know how to navigate the site and those members who follow the discussion get an email to show there has been activity  The forum discussion page gets the bulk of traffic landings, along with our Home Page. 

A Headline, if interesting, does not get lost in the news-because I see that it gets blasted out and shared on our Facebook page which is very active many of the old-time 912ers are still active, a few names you might remember  Allan Hitchmoth, Art Wylan, Stephani Scruggs, Morris Phineman, and there are nearly 800 people there...

https://www.facebook.com/suzie.stamppeeve and https://www.facebook.com/

I work very hard trying to drive new traffic to open more discussions, so this site will continue to grow- we need more Patriots!

(testing)

Suzie

a suggestion -

judging by your involvement in the site software i'm sure i'm not teaching anything...

if you use the link emblem at the post and rename the link appropriately -

https://theconstitutionalconservatives.com/xn/detail/3397719:Commen...

would that be a workable compromise?

-----------------------------

NOPE !  renaming the link doesn't stick...  nevermind   ;~}

POOR, POOR CNN

Despite 2 yrs of outright lies about Trump 24/7, a CNN poll shows that the President's at a 50% APPROVAL rating today. That's even HIGHER than BOzo's during his first term at the sam time period!

And, this is also quite telling. DT's disapproval rating is at its lowest!

Plus, DT's approval #s over the economy is at 70%!

To the Corrupted News Network & company I say:

AAAAAAH HAHAHAHA!!!

But, hey. There's still the Mueller Report and that dossier to fall back on, right?

NOPE!

q8-D

....did i read a headline today that said WWPelosi told them to change their narrative now and they have, already?

Rush says; 'Words mean things':

Liberal is the root word of liberty and liberate. It means freedom. The true definition of a liberal is a person who holds individual freedom to be the most important political issue. The limitation of government interference in business and individual lives is the real central theme of liberalism.
...and this is why I contest the interchangeable usage of the words 'liberal' and 'progressive'. Progressives (of both major political parties) are all about government controlling EVERY aspect of life and there's NOTHING liberal about that. The interchangeable usage of the words is both/either intellectually lazy and/or habitual partisan spin - and a misnomer, a mis-identity.
Progressives are NOT liberals.

Larry, we could also add terms like "moderate"; "bipartisan"; "diversity"; "rino"; "climate change"; and "racist" to the mix.  It doesn't matter. Saul Alinsky had pervereted the definition of words almost a century ago. It's today's definitions that the masses are aware of.  To change that we'd have to take back our very education-; governmental- and judicial systems to say the least.  (pssst. and I didn't even mention the media / press. So lots of luck w/ dat!)

Btw: The fact that Kim Foxx committed a "James Comey" w/ Jussie Smollett as was done w/ Hillary Clinton shows just how completely crazy-arrogant the Obama-left have become. They believe that they'll get away w/ that completely unscathed as well. And they probably will too. 

so, you're position is that even though it's false and works against us, since it's become the norm we should adapt?  sorry, not my style.. feels like concession to me. How do we take back all that stuff if we adapt to it's perversions? By law, through politicians??   i'd laugh sarcastically but that guarantees such a sad outcome it ain't funny - even sarcastically.

Saul Alinsky?  maybe, since Hillary idolized him so much and she had a YUUUGge role in transforming our political landscape to what it now is. But I think progressive word perversions most likely started at least a generation before ole S.A. was born. I've sometimes tried, but failed, to answer my wondering if the man who transformed our legal system away from constitutional law to progressive case law incorporated his sister and her expertise into his efforts. She was a renowned word creator and word twister after all ;

Larry,

The terminologies were twisted many many decades ago. I had already explained what needs to be done to set it right.  To try to explain to the millennals...who have already been brainwashed and indoctrinated, mind you...the actual prigons of such terms will be even harder than trying to convince reasonable people that SocSec is just a tax and a ponzi scheme.  Lots o' luck w/ dat one too!

The entire system including the morals of our society is FUBAR!  And we still haven't hit rock bottom as far as the corruption and demoralization is concerned.

In other words: It's going to get even WORSE!  All historical evidence points to that direction.  Mankind can not fix itself - no more than DC can.

I know...Going back to TPP I've been called "negative". A "gloomy gus / fear monger" that has nothing positive to say. Remember them daze?

Well, just about everything I calculated would happen has. And thgnis ARE getting worse.

Later, buddy. Over and out. 

Luis,

I think many of the awake, alert, conservative, Patriots have come to the same conclusions as you do/did, I think many feard putting it into words!

Yes, things are getting worse, yes our society is (almost) fubar. But it is up to US to fix it! 

Larry and Luis,

To interject here, I believe the use of words is one of our most powerful tools. Especially,   the use of Hegel's Dialectic - the"manipulating" of opposing arguments. I wrote an article on this a few years ago. I believe this results in brainwashing and targets those who are not aware.

For an understanding click below

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/hegel-dialectics/

“Hegel’s dialectics” refers to the particular dialectical method of argument employed by the 19th Century German philosopher, G.W.F. Hegel (see entry on Hegel), which, like other “dialectical” methods, relies on a contradictory process between opposing sides.

An interesting article hints to President Trumps use of Hegel Dialectic

"In the fullness of time, two congressional committees will eventually provide a Synthesis which, in the main, is highly likely to support President Trump’s Thesis. But, that does not mean that the Hegelian Dialectic should be dismissed as an “Art of the Deal,” con game.

Stated as: Problem: Reaction: Solution, the Hegelian Dialectic coupled with civil give-and-take debate, can be an effective means of examining all the elements of an issue Add the Westphalian conception of an agreement (a deal is a deal) and we have the basis for civilized decision-making in the Western World. Call it “Kumbaya” or Epode, the result can be Synthesis." read more  https://www.skyhinews.com/opinion/hamilton-president-trump-and-the-...

So YES, the use of Words, the manipulation of debate and brainwashing - words!

RSS

Please donate to TCC.  Your Contribution is greatly appreciated. Donate safely and securely through PayPal

Latest Activity

LANYON posted discussions
yesterday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Lawrence, Agree  "We are not perfect, but best in the world" and I am grateful every…"
yesterday
Susan Nielsen replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Patricia,  sorry, I mean links to important discussions on other forums, where more voices…"
yesterday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Yes I heard. No all this is not a sudden occurrence. The MSM chose  not to elevate the many…"
Sunday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Did you guys hear about the eevnts that occurred in Sri Lanka? W/ out a doubt there are many out…"
Sunday
LANYON posted discussions
Sunday
"I'm with you on those irks as well Lawrence. "
Sunday
"It irks me that the Mueller special counsel cost some 35 million $$'s that amounts to 78…"
Sunday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

Your Contribution is Greatly Appreciated

Donate safely and securely through PayPal

© 2019   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service