... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.

Hope some are an interesting read to ya'll, and discussion is of course welcome;

I'll start with this one, which I think is probably best posted with the title, link and small excerpt (<-- hoping that's the appropriate way to post articles on other forums);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What On Earth Can the Left and Right Compromise?”

http://wethepeopleusa.ning.com/forum/topics/what-on-earth-can-the-l...

excerpt;

Once Conservatives started "compromising" their principles of individual freedom and less government in favor of the Progressive's collective ideology, the end of America's free Republic became preordained

-------------------------------------------------------------

...personally, I woulda began the progressive era catastrophe before the 16th amendment, which the article begins it at. I'd go back at least to the 14th amendment. But that wasn't a compromise by the R party (which somehow is assumed to have a quantum entanglement with 'conservative') and doesn't fit the article's primary point of how compromise has proven destructive, it was the party's primary mission at the time.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pssst...Have ya heard? Good ole Obama had taken credit for this booming and record breaking economy.  He said something like this:

Yup. that's right!  I-I-I-I-I-I-I did it! Me!  Me! Uuuuuh, I purposely sunk the economy!  Yeah!  I-I-I-I-I-I made the coal companies shut down where ever I could! And I...me...mua...sent the IRS to anyone that wouldn't play ball; and they paid BIG!

These great job numbers...blah...blah...blah..Trump didn't do dat!  I did it. If I hadn't put almost half the populatinn on welfare, they wouldn't've been so happy to get a job today! Well, at least those that're dumb enough to want to work - w/ all the freebies me and the democrats were giving them!  Remember dat this November!  "Chump Change We Need!".

You're welcome! 

funny Luis ;' /.

too factual though to fit the standard uniparty protocol of doing it. I'm remembering R party saying it was Bush1 who laid the table for Clinton's economic boom, same ole same ole. As I recall, it was the internet technology that carried the weight of that boom, and it was pretty sudden - not much groundwork to be laid or anything I remember(ed) GHWB or Clinton or even algore being involved in. 

..just the standard uniparty pre-election script.    (somehow the movie Groundhog Day comes to mind ;' )

run and tell??   I don't think so...

the proper response to a bully, speaking the language your intended audience understands

:~} maybe there's hope for our youth afterall

Since most active members are in this thread... I have a couple of questions for you... Please reply...

Some older members may recall that prior to the change to Editorials, that forum used to be called Blogs, since it appears that some members like this idea of "Personal Threads" here in Discussions Forum...

I am wondering if I should change the Editorials section back into Blogs? Most are not writing editorials anyway... 

Your thoughts... and Your HELP Please

Also, I am reaching out to members to help me update our prewritten letter section... People use our letters because they want to send a paper/stamp letter but they just don't want to write it!! Please help out- surely you have a letter in you! These will be used by many people like-minded people. I also want letter size or one-page flyers with graphics as reminders of everything from Fast and Furious to Benghazi- a reminder of every one of their scandals!! 

Here's my worthless opinion on that:

Leave it as is!  If it isn't broken - there's no need to "fix" it!

That said. The only problem w/ the Discussions / Forum boards is how poorly it's used, imo. All I see are copy/pastes of published headlines and articles. And sometimes they're posted TWICE!  The final result ends up being an overcluttered  Discussion board w/ too many headlines covering the SAME topic!

Not every headline has to be a "new" thread!  All it does is pushes everything else straight down before someone might get a chance to read it!  And it's the reason I stick w/ THE STEAM ROOM; POLITICS...ARGH!; and now Larry's "My Rants". All current events fit in those threads alone.

Suzie, The whole idea of "Personal threads" has been how I've always used the Blog/Editorials board. Just changing the name of the Categories solves nothing. The DISCUSSIONS board will continue to be misused.

Again, just leave it as is as far as relabeling things.

Thanks Luis...good ideas...

RSS

Latest Activity

Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I;m a "metoo" on this subject."
10 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"The Hill confirmed what most of us believed was going on during the Obama, and possibly before,…"
10 hours ago
LANYON replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Clean, modern is a snappy look for present newsworthy articles.....  and, yes, white…"
15 hours ago
LANYON posted discussions
15 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud posted videos
19 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud commented on Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
Thumbnail

:WAR-CASTLES-~0.

"Please sit back and enjoy putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together. Here's a tip to…"
20 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud promoted Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
20 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud promoted Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
20 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I like the second one. Suzie wondering if you would think about going to a white background for all…"
23 hours ago
E. Goldstein replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Kavanaugh Timeline (TEST)
"You are wasting your time.  Facts are irrelevant. The woman is clearly lying.  She is…"
yesterday
Larry Puckette's discussion was featured

My random topics thread ...

... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.Hope some…See More
yesterday
luis✩USA commented on R.C. "Bob" Lewis's blog post Rage in Jacksonville
"If the rabid radicals...Code Pink; SDS; Antifa, etc...don't maintain this constant state of…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Amendments 6, 8, and 9 guarantee a person's innocence till PROVEN guilty in a court of…"
yesterday
LANYON posted discussions
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Kavanaugh Timeline (TEST)
"I'm remembering 2009 - 2010... The People called, faxed, emailed and even assembled in front…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Just a reminder to all: W/ all this hell going on, I haven't forgotten that the new…"
yesterday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service