So . . .GA6 and SC5 remain repub. 

Okay. So what!  In the last 7yrs the dems have lost well over a thousand seats across the board and now the GOP has control of BOTH the Senate and the HoR -- and now the WH. Yet, are we even close to REAL Obamacare repeal; or tax reform?  No.  Are we closer to REAL spending cuts or a Balanced Budget?  Nuh-uh. How about the runaway costs of SocSec; any closer to any reform there?  HAH!

So, excuse me for not popping the bubbly over the GA or SC "wins".  I grade on actual legislative RESULTS - not merely on intentions.  We get enough of that w/ the bullsh*t COMMON CORE education system.

That's my not-so-humble opinion!

Views: 2555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's that darn liberal international global order (NWO) reaping the fruits of its labor.

6/08/18

China hacked a Navy contractor and secured a trove of highly sensitive data on submarine warfare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/china-hacked...

This is a good hmm food for thought read, imo....

America’s Coming Political Realignment

https://www.amren.com/features/2018/06/americas-coming-political-re...

Am - took a look at them both and didn't like either ;' /

. china hacking - maybe it's changed since my time, but one fact that every network techy understood as absolute was/is there is no such thing as an impenetrable router/firewall. If your data is an appealing target to many the firewall can and probably will be breached. If you fixed what was the latest known weakness this morning there's already another one now. Multiply that problem by the number of access points (routers) on your network.  For this reason and the natural trait of government to change slowly I often find myself thinking that government and internet are functionally incompatible.

. Race based elections -- I sure hope not, hate seeing it. my 2¢ is at this point it HAS to be about ideology. yaknow.... Hobbes vs. Locke

Patricia - rehashing the old times of internet development; One of my given responsibilities was to keep up with regulations during the initial phase of development.. which was mostly necessarily standardizing things like wire ends and software protocols to be used. But I took suspicious notice when thrown into that was a sudden campaign to make internet access 'free' to all. ...and was disappointed in how fast an otherwise uninterested public clamored together to insure it got it's "FREE" internet. ...which completely changed the authority fed/gov has over the internet. I still remember the moment I read fed/gov had determined the internet would be "free" and my thoughts that it was a predictable but profound mistake by the manipulated public.

btw Patricia.. did ya catch the recent PBS bio-doc about Hedy Lamarr and her inventing wi-fi?  I've been out of the tech world so long I wasn't aware Wi-Fi utilizes frequency hopping. Pretty interesting I thought, as was her whole life according to PBS, keeping in mind it was a PBS show. 

H, Larry...Pat

If I may. Where hi tech and our military's concerned, I can't help but hink that w/ the more advances we have i technology, that we become ever more independent on it. And, in exchange,we may be losing a very valuable asset: Skill and gut-instinct developed over time.

Prior to all this super-hi-tech pilots and ship captains and its crew had/ have? hands-on knowhow.  Just look at all the wrecks that have occurred w/ our naval vessels alone the last several years. Has their training been compromised w/ the same levels we've had through our education system?  Has political correctness (liberal ideology) infected our military training as well?  How can we beat the enemy when our pilots, sailors and grunts are taken "secstivity" training and are occupied w/ refurbishing our naval ships as well as our bases w transgender friggin restrooms (heads) and shower stalls?

And if the "l-g-b-t-q-xyz" don't have what it takes to "be all they can be"...and SHOULD be...will they be kept within the ranks to avoid the attacks that are sure to come from the "anti-gay / homophobia" industry.  Just how many lives and hardware would The Pentagon sacrifice in the name of "pc"?  Imo - ONE is too many.   

Larry, Intranets offer more security possibilities but I worked at NO company where a hole was not punched in for many reasons and once punched opens doors for hackers to gain access.

Keeping access to www the external net segregated from the intranet a goal all to often not met. 

Luis, There is afoot and thus some recognition of the need for special forces who train without the total dependency on hi-tech. Given the Soviet aggression and the intense belief that Russia poses to the Baltic nations they are preparing for defense tactics against an offensive strike and the purpose is resistance, passing info back to what would be a NATO offensive force. This "resistance" includes combat trained and Baltic nations private citizens. Kinda reminds me of WWII where our troops thought many times on their own driven by pure need to survive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/01/us/politics/us-baltic-russia.html

.... Presidents birthday and  The Inspector General’s Report

https://www.c-span.org/video/?446959-101/washington-journal-justice...

A perfect present for the president? Inspector general to release bombshell report on Clinton email case today on Trump's birthday and is expected to point the blame at 'insubordinate' James Comey  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5842335/Inspector-generals-... 

Hmmm...yeah...the IG Report...

I have NO expectations at all. Zero.  NO ONE will face any real consequences; let alone prison time.

Btw, as for that that immigration/amnesty bill that Ryan and some other GOPers are pushing...

Are they intentionally trying to sabotage the upcoming midterms?  Because that's what it looks like to me.  But, then again, he is leaving office. So the mask comes off.  Just like McCain, Flake and Corker their true-BLUE colors are waving.

Some might argue that those GOPee-ons don't realize that Trump's ways have saved the party. BUT, it has taken away their progressive cover; and it's putting their power at risk.  

Luis, Over the years I have both have come to admire and enjoy your play on words. GOPee-ons is priceless.

Firings good but I'm feeling a bit bullied by all this and I want more blood extracted from them.

Something may be brewing behind the scenes that we're not aware of. Mentioned in the articles and audio below is the name of ...

"Trump-appointed United States attorney in the District of Columbia: Jessie K. Liu"

Levin: No second special counsel? Here’s how we can STILL investigate the FBI

Nate Madden · June 15, 2018

If the Department of Justice won’t listen to growing calls for a special counsel to investigate the FBI, LevinTV host Mark Levin says still there’s another way for the American people to get the answers they deserve after the release of the inspector general’s damning report on the Bureau.

On his radio show Wednesday night, Levin, the former chief of staff to Attorney General Ed Meese, pointed out that there’s a Trump-appointed United States attorney in the District of Columbia: Jessie K. Liu.

Since the FBI is located inside Liu’s jurisdiction, Levin pondered, then why doesn’t Ms. Liu — as a top federal prosecutor — start looking into the matter herself?

Listen to the audio at  https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-no-second-special-cou...

Former U.S. Senate Employee Indicted on False Statements Charges

https://www.wyomingnetworknews.com/former-u-s-senate-employee-indic...

McCabe: The Inspector General is a Joke and There's No Way I'm Getting Prosecuted

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/04/19/mccabe-respon...

Trump Will Nominate A Member Of His DOJ Transition Team To Be DC’s US Attorney

If confirmed, Jessie Liu is poised to become an important player in both the local and national law enforcement community.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman/trump-will-nominate-a-member-of...

RSS

Latest Activity

Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Lawrence, I do think conservatives are fighting back. There has been a lot of damage done and it…"
4 hours ago
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Pat, ;)  They are all one big sappy family, aren't they. Now, as for the way the…"
11 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Luis, Right on target as usual. LOL I love the reference to GOPee-ons, wild-poon-hound Bill…"
12 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to American912's discussion Federalism: The Case for Reinvigorating State's Rights
"Thanks for the link AM912. Now I am for CA to be broken into different states and then for the…"
12 hours ago
"Totally agree!"
16 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to LANYON's discussion IRS Tea Party persecutor Lois Lerner had help all along: McCain
"I made a steam vent about this last night. McCain can we even hold a fleeting thought that he is a…"
16 hours ago
"Suzie, Yes McCain is and has been a scumbag and so to has Flake. In the 2016 election cycle talking…"
17 hours ago
LANYON posted discussions
17 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Pat, This confirms the fact that there is a majority (one party) operating against ciizens in…"
19 hours ago
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"EXCLUSIVE – Nearly 60,000 immigrants with arrest records -- including 10 accused of murder --…"
19 hours ago
luis✩USA replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Btw: a rescission measure led by Senator Mike Lee (C-UT) and other consvatives that would have…"
20 hours ago
""We came out at election time but since many have backed away. " Lawrence, I've…"
20 hours ago
"JUNE 23, 1988 This the 30th Anniversary of when the new father of "Global Warming", NASA…"
22 hours ago
"ditto!  ;)"
22 hours ago
"This has steam coming out of my ears. John McCain is a despicable…"
yesterday
"Haven't noticed a popup lately."
yesterday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by