So . . .GA6 and SC5 remain repub. 

Okay. So what!  In the last 7yrs the dems have lost well over a thousand seats across the board and now the GOP has control of BOTH the Senate and the HoR -- and now the WH. Yet, are we even close to REAL Obamacare repeal; or tax reform?  No.  Are we closer to REAL spending cuts or a Balanced Budget?  Nuh-uh. How about the runaway costs of SocSec; any closer to any reform there?  HAH!

So, excuse me for not popping the bubbly over the GA or SC "wins".  I grade on actual legislative RESULTS - not merely on intentions.  We get enough of that w/ the bullsh*t COMMON CORE education system.

That's my not-so-humble opinion!

Views: 4446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pat

I think maybe it was you who recently wondered how Greece is doing, on not sure which thread...

Conservatives regain control in Greece

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/conservatives-regain-control-i...

Interesting excerpts;

. Greece elected a conservative government on a promise to cut taxes and spur economic growth, initial results showed, ejecting a left-wing government that couldn’t deliver an end to the country’s long economic slump.

The center-right New Democracy party was set to win an absolute majority in Parliament in Sunday’s vote, making its pro-business leader, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, the next prime minister.

. Greek voters’ return to a mainstream, traditional political party after trying the populist Syriza shows how the rise of antiestablishment parties around Europe can lose steam if populists struggle to implement promised radical changes.

(i think this point is important, and reflects on another point I've recently made = Trump is prioritizing his campaign promises. Sad that they've gained nothing, falling back to relying on a 'traditional' establishment party. Another important point is that populism isn't exclusive to sanity... segueing to the next excerpt.)

His challenges include the still-stringent fiscal targets agreed upon with other eurozone governments, whose bailout loans kept Greece afloat during its debt crisis. Germany and other lenders want Greece to continue running a budget surplus, excluding interest, of 3.5 percent of gross domestic product, despite the depressed state of the country’s economy. Greek GDP is still 24 percent below its precrisis peak.

Mr. Mitsotakis says he will seek to persuade other European countries to relax Greece’s fiscal targets, on the basis that he will deliver higher growth. Berlin and other European capitals have in the past been reluctant to relax Greece’s targets.

Further constraining Mr. Mitsotakis’s room to maneuver, European creditors and Greece’s central bank have warned that the budget might already be off course, after a round of pre-election giveaways by the departing Syriza government.

(typical big-government stupidity by both the government and big-government faithfuls who were the populist movement in Greece)

RSS

Latest Activity

John Velisek posted a discussion

It’s Always Racism

Admitting to losing an argument is difficult for some people. Many times it is because they want to…See More
yesterday
John Velisek posted an Editorial

It’s Always Racism

Admitting to losing an argument is difficult for some people. Many times it is because they want to…See More
yesterday
Suzie Nielsen's discussion was featured

New World Order? or How to inform a Dem

N-new W-world O-order! Is it real? or a Conspiracy Theory?Or How to inform a democrat!by Susan N.…See More
yesterday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion New World Order? or How to inform a Dem
"Much push back in Maricopa County, AZ about extending light rail, another extension not needed,…"
Tuesday
luis✩USA replied to Larry Puckette's discussion My random topics thread ...
""(not intended to be an endorsement of the other major party.. I hate (fill in the blank) IS…"
Monday
Larry Puckette replied to Larry Puckette's discussion My random topics thread ...
"...it was the plan all along -- Justice Democrats it's a coup, whether it be legal or not.…"
Monday
Michael Trivisani replied to LANYON's discussion Epstein Accuser BREAKS SILENCE, Gives Stomach Turning Confession
"It's past due...  He should have gotten it by now."
Monday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion New World Order? or How to inform a Dem
"Suzie, Great and true words. "
Monday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

Your Contribution is Greatly Appreciated

Donate safely and securely through PayPal

© 2019   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service