So . . .GA6 and SC5 remain repub. 

Okay. So what!  In the last 7yrs the dems have lost well over a thousand seats across the board and now the GOP has control of BOTH the Senate and the HoR -- and now the WH. Yet, are we even close to REAL Obamacare repeal; or tax reform?  No.  Are we closer to REAL spending cuts or a Balanced Budget?  Nuh-uh. How about the runaway costs of SocSec; any closer to any reform there?  HAH!

So, excuse me for not popping the bubbly over the GA or SC "wins".  I grade on actual legislative RESULTS - not merely on intentions.  We get enough of that w/ the bullsh*t COMMON CORE education system.

That's my not-so-humble opinion!

Views: 3012

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"SocSec won't...CAN'T...fail!  I "paid into it"!  The gov "said" it was my "insurance plan"!  I don't give a rat's ass what they have to do! They BETTER keep it going till I GET MINE!"

- Iam Stupid 

SS is a hard nut to crack. 

When I ran away/escaped from Oklahoma about 40 years ago one of my dominant reasons was it's culture struck me as being 50 years behind times and I had grown tired of that. Funny how that now seems like a strong positive. One thing that apparently hasn't changed is their hard headedness and propensity to respond to b.s. with the middle finger salute ;'/  ;

OKLAHOMA CITY — The Capitol Preservation Commission on Thursday got a look at two proposals for a Bill of Rights monument on the state Capitol grounds.

An advisory committee was appointed to evaluate the proposals and issue a written report to the panel’s Architecture and Grounds Subcommittee.

The first option features 50 black granite columns with laser images of the text of the Bill of Rights, said Holly Kincannon, a designer from Austin, Texas.

The columns would be 9½ feet tall and would form a ring around the Christ Thorn Tree on the east side of the Capitol, Kincannon said.

The images of the Bill of Rights text are expected to determined later.

The second option is a two-part, abstract, limestone sculpture with the Bill of Rights and hand-carved images of the state’s landscape and symbols, Kincannon said.

Each piece would be 14 feet tall by 15 feet wide, she said.

Duane Mass is the capitol architect and serves on the Capitol Preservation Commission. He said he preferred option one because it is more of a gardenlike setting.

“Either one will be just lovely,” Mass said.

He said the selected design will be used in the fundraising effort to build the monument.

It could be two years before the final product is installed, but that is just a guess, Mass said.

The Bill of Rights Monument Display Act, Senate Bill 14, was passed and signed into law in 2016 calling for the privately funded monument.

Former Rep. Gary Banz, R-Midwest City, is on the committee to raise money for the monument. He was an author of legislation calling for it.

So far, about $35,000 has been raised, he said.

Supporters have said the project will cost about $850,000.

The effort comes after another privately funded monument was removed from the Capitol grounds.

The Oklahoma Supreme Court, in a lawsuit brought by the ACLU of Oklahoma, ruled in 2015 that a privately funded Ten Commandments monument had to be removed because it violated the Oklahoma Constitution.

The court found that the Ten Commandments monument was religious in nature and an integral part of the Jewish and Christian faiths.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/panel-views-renderings-of...

I share your youth feeling to 'escape'. Since that escape I have been roaming with my heart and soul remaining in WV. I have been promised that my ashes will return to the hills. Each time I have traveled across America when I have crossed the Okla border and mingled with folks my dialect changes and I am at peace once again.

Good 'salt of the earth people'. 

RSS

Latest Activity

LANYON posted a discussion

Judicial Watch Uncovers More Classified Emails From Clinton Serve

Judicial Watch Uncovers More Classified Emails From Clinton ServerThe new documents included…See More
7 hours ago
Larry Puckette replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"no steam here.. just throwing in something maybe interesting to the…"
11 hours ago
Larry Puckette replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"yup, gotta say me too. seems every several months there's been…"
11 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"You know folks I had put that long list of Clinton people who have died mysteriously on a…"
14 hours ago
Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Michael,  You got that right.  There's been a mere trickle of justice for the…"
14 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"SS is a hard nut to crack. "
yesterday
"I share your youth feeling to 'escape'. Since that escape I have been roaming with my…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
""SocSec won't...CAN'T...fail!  I "paid into it"!  The gov…"
yesterday
Larry Puckette replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"yeah Patricia.. given the life expectancies when it was created combined with the…"
yesterday
"When I ran away/escaped from Oklahoma about 40 years ago one of my dominant reasons…"
yesterday
"I do believe that SS age must be bumped up to 67. I say this due to both illegal and legal entries.…"
Wednesday
"speaking of not laughing... just read Stossel's SS is going broke article. No new news within…"
Wednesday
LANYON posted discussions
Wednesday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Old Polish saying, I think, "Not my circus, not my monkey". "
Wednesday
Profile IconPeter Mavind and James Lewis Olin joined The Constitutional Conservatives
Tuesday
luis✩USA replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"NO "yahoo" - if that Stryocksucker did get fired YET keeps his benefits. As for the…"
Tuesday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service