Built with your voice in mind.  Go ahead - Say it!  Vent and let off a little steam!  What are you mad about?  What upsets you the most?  Have a solution to share? Please join us.  All standard forum guidelines are in effect.  Debate is welcome - Trolls and spammers are not.

Views: 55711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent points, Larry. My hypothesis is based on the fact that HI is in the center of the Ring Of Fire.  I like to describe earthquakes (the result of volcanic activity) as a mattress. When you pound one end of it it has a ripple effect.  As for plate movement (tectonics) I describe it as placing books flat on the floor touching each other up to the wall.  You push one into another and the others react by lifting up over the other or cutting in under them. It's how we got mountain ranges.

What I also find interesting is that the Moon is slowly drifting away from the Earth at a rate of approx 1.5" per year as well.  A that rate of speed it'll take 100,000 yrs for each to move approx 3 mi. And for life to continue the Moon is necessary. W/ out it we'd've never been in the first place.  By the time the Moon is far enough away to maintain the Earth's present eco-balance, the Earth's geograhy will be completely and utterly different. How many Ice Ages will our little blue marble see from here to then?  How many Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) or an asteroid or comet strikes occur; and will they be an extinction level event?  All are feasible.

And here's my final point:  NOTHING that the human race can do will change the course of the cosmos. Pollution effects man - NOT the planet.  Mind you I said "pollution" not that man made global warming farce!  Yup. I'ma space/science geek!  ;D 

yay! glad to have a friend paying attention to those things too Luis...

take a look at that link if ya would. note the shape of the pacific plate, and the shape near Australia. imagine a n/ne trajectory for the indo-Australian plate putting n/ne pressure on the pacific plate. Where do ya suppose the pivot point is for the pacific plate? My guess is that will determine what happens on North America's west coast when it's pressure is released. I kinda see the rotation of the pacific plate crushing Oregon, Washington and Canada's coastline and ripping the Baha California westward, extending the Gulf of California northwestward, maybe up through the s/w corner of Arizona.   :~}  

Countries can sign on to a UN thing. Like the small arms treaty/ Meaningless really. Kerry signed this treaty but Congress never did so useless ink used by Kerry.

Me I think we have now defined so many different types of conflicts to fight over.

Goodness the UN huh! Since when do different nations from time to time ignore them? All the time.

Hey we planted our flag first. The moon belongs to us and well Mars soon enough.

Everytime I here the UN did this that or the other I just plain think f-bomb to myself.

Am912

As far as I'm concerned, w/ the exception of Nikki Haley, the UN body could claim ownership of the Moon - as they very much are LUNATICS!  Doubt it?  Just ask Governor MOONbeam!

Yep! Seems all part of 'business as usual' along the ring of fire. Having endured living in CA for some 40 yrs I would say the state is overdue for another big one.

And I sit around 5 miles from the Head of the San Andreas Fault line...The fault lines are a tourist attraction! Have you ever watched the Shake Scenario on USGS site - wow! We have small earthquakes all the time... Oh just noticed you have same link...

and have you ever taken a look at what they call the "Future Maps" that so called "seers" have seen upon waking from comas and such... strange that maps throughout history are basically the same even Edgar Casey- no idea if it is true...but they are interesting calif. no linger exists! Land mass starts in Colorado!! Yikes!

The San Andreas is a formidable fault line and so is the Hayward. Fault lines the lesser known and the ones yet to make themselves known chris cross the state N to S and W to E.

Yes earthquakes in CA occurring each day in CA. 

Have walked in a trench left by a quake on the San Andrea fault line, it was impressive.

Have your RV packed up and full of fresh water Ms Suzie.

Luis you are an observant man.

Yes so true that the left sets blame squarely on the USA and as well President Trump at every opportunity they can come up with.

CA did recently experience a noticeable quake a friend who lives in Pacifica, on the coast, reported to friends.

Wonder why the loony left has not marched against Mother Nature herself.

Hello Members and Friends,

First...

I will be having back surgery in the near future, after I complete all tests. My pain level is over the top. No choice! I am going to need a little help with the site during this time. I think 2 moderators, one on each coast -could cover most of the time. Please volunteer- all you would need to do is read the site- which you do anyway!

Back to the business...

I have been giving much thought as to how I can still provide the website for all the wonderful loyal members, and protect myself from any legalities and future stress!. and no more ups and downs for the site.

I have always tried to be “More” professional, “More” active, offer “More” information in short I wanted the site to be “more” successful. But in reality “more” is not always better!

I think Luis hit the nail on the head when he said the site is more of a “Social Forum”, and as a social forum the site is successful!

The majority of members have been with this site for a long time, many friendships have developed over the years. But due to my idea of “professional” I did not include ways to build on those friendships. Sharing on a different more personal level is important to sustain any group.

We will still maintain our reputation for offering up to date Political information, but other topics will be added to our Menu... because as a social forum we can lighten up and include some fun apps to the site.

I will also be changing the site layout and colors...

Since these changes are just in idea stage I would like feedback from members...

So....

What's on YOUR Wish list?

What about music in the background?

How about a category to introduce yourself?

I hope this new direction will give us a renewed sense of community

I've gotten to the point that with every mass shooting I fully expect that the shooter has been or is/was currently on psychotropic drugs and do internet searches to see if it has been confirmed yet. Not yet for Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the latest teenaged mass murderer of school children. But this morning's search at least indicates the question is becoming more common;

http://www.bing.com/search?q=santa+fe+psychotropic&qs=n&for...

among those is;

World famous psychiatrist warns that increased use of psychiatric drugs will translate to more mass shootings

RSS

Latest Activity

Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I;m a "metoo" on this subject."
56 minutes ago
Norma J. Sears replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"The Hill confirmed what most of us believed was going on during the Obama, and possibly before,…"
1 hour ago
LANYON replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"Clean, modern is a snappy look for present newsworthy articles.....  and, yes, white…"
5 hours ago
LANYON posted discussions
5 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud posted videos
9 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud commented on Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
Thumbnail

:WAR-CASTLES-~0.

"Please sit back and enjoy putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together. Here's a tip to…"
10 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud promoted Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
10 hours ago
Ronnie Adam Cloud promoted Ronnie Adam Cloud's video
10 hours ago
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Steam Room
"I like the second one. Suzie wondering if you would think about going to a white background for all…"
13 hours ago
E. Goldstein replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Kavanaugh Timeline (TEST)
"You are wasting your time.  Facts are irrelevant. The woman is clearly lying.  She is…"
21 hours ago
Larry Puckette's discussion was featured

My random topics thread ...

... so that I don't keep occasionally hijacking others' threads with off topic posts.Hope some…See More
yesterday
luis✩USA commented on R.C. "Bob" Lewis's blog post Rage in Jacksonville
"If the rabid radicals...Code Pink; SDS; Antifa, etc...don't maintain this constant state of…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Amendments 6, 8, and 9 guarantee a person's innocence till PROVEN guilty in a court of…"
yesterday
LANYON posted discussions
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion The Kavanaugh Timeline (TEST)
"I'm remembering 2009 - 2010... The People called, faxed, emailed and even assembled in front…"
yesterday
luis✩USA replied to luis✩USA's discussion POLITICS...ARGH!
"Just a reminder to all: W/ all this hell going on, I haven't forgotten that the new…"
yesterday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

© 2018   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service