“trilateral summit” between Ankara, Tehran and Moscow

From J.Post July 5th

Turkey announced a meeting in August that will be a “trilateral summit” between Ankara, Tehran and Moscow. This is the latest in numerous meetings the three countries have had on Syria that began with a ceasefire in 2016. It also reflects growing influence for Russia and its ability to try to keep the Syrian crises from escalating while working closely with Turkey on military deals.

The latest summit was announced by Turkish Presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin and it is supposed to focus on tensions in Idlib, where Turkish backed Free Syrian Army rebels have been facing off against the Syrian regime.

There are also numerous extremist fighters in Idlib, many linked to Al-Qaeda. A US airstrike on June 30 targeted Al Qaeda in northern Syria. Turkey has been backing the Syrian rebels for years, but since 2016 it has played an increasing role in Syria, eventually taking over Afrin and setting up observation points in Idlib. Syrian regime forces and Turkish forces have recently exchanged fire near an observation point, leading to concerns there could be a wider war.

Russia doesn’t want that. It wants to deliver its S-400 air defense to Turkey and also keep the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad in power and in control. Turkey appears to be working on the Iran-Russia summit and another summit with Russia, Germany and French officials in September. That would be a game changer for Ankara’s prestige and role in Syria and the region.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All trying to be the top dog. Turkey is no friend of the USA.

Mmmmmm! Let's see, Turkey-Russia, China-Iran, Russia-Iran-Venezuela, Russia-China-Syria. Russia-China-Venezuela> Neither China or Russia want Muslims. My brain hurts with so much political turmoil. It seems China and Russia don't want to be part of the New World Order without first taking a big piece of the pie first. Mymy! such unrest going on around the World and most of the 7 billion people don't even know they are being herded like cattle. Those who do complain are such ungrateful little retches. Ya' all should be grateful for what ever crumbs they throw us, so say Soros.

Christine, I love the way you write! 

I am so baffled by the fact that Soros is still walking around! He is the worst excuse for a human I have ever seen. POWER! He plays it like a chess board...

Soros has turned over a lot of his fortune to the care of the 2 Soros sons. They will continue what Soros himself begin even as a young lad in Hungary.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Velisek posted a discussion

It’s Always Racism

Admitting to losing an argument is difficult for some people. Many times it is because they want to…See More
yesterday
John Velisek posted an Editorial

It’s Always Racism

Admitting to losing an argument is difficult for some people. Many times it is because they want to…See More
yesterday
Suzie Nielsen's discussion was featured

New World Order? or How to inform a Dem

N-new W-world O-order! Is it real? or a Conspiracy Theory?Or How to inform a democrat!by Susan N.…See More
yesterday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion New World Order? or How to inform a Dem
"Much push back in Maricopa County, AZ about extending light rail, another extension not needed,…"
Tuesday
luis✩USA replied to Larry Puckette's discussion My random topics thread ...
""(not intended to be an endorsement of the other major party.. I hate (fill in the blank) IS…"
Monday
Larry Puckette replied to Larry Puckette's discussion My random topics thread ...
"...it was the plan all along -- Justice Democrats it's a coup, whether it be legal or not.…"
Monday
Michael Trivisani replied to LANYON's discussion Epstein Accuser BREAKS SILENCE, Gives Stomach Turning Confession
"It's past due...  He should have gotten it by now."
Monday
Patricia Gillenwater replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion New World Order? or How to inform a Dem
"Suzie, Great and true words. "
Monday

Volcano's and Earthquakes

Your Contribution is Greatly Appreciated

Donate safely and securely through PayPal

© 2019   Created by Suzie Nielsen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service